Ir al contenido principal

FARMASI

https://mx.farmasi.com/cynthiaortiz02

diabetes/english

The story that changed my life.
 
This timeI will talk about a personal stage that completely changed my life and the life of my family.

I want to begin by sharing that I have type 1 diabetes and exactly all started in 2000 when I was diagnosed.


From what I can remember, before the doctor told us about what diabetes is that I started losing weight, but do not relate to any symptoms, because at that time I had changed my diet, I got tired a lot to climb stairs, I could not breathe, once almost lost the sense in flag ceremonies, also began to urinate more than usual, slept a lot, I stopped eating because I had no strength to eat and the strangest thing happened to me was that I started to get sick of the airways, and this was the beginning, my parents took me with a doctor who said it could be that I was allergic to dogs, dust, etc., very nearly I had to live in a sphere ( well, that I thought).

Then I remember was a Friday last day of school and my parents, my younger brother and I were at a Christmas festival of school and when it ended we got into the car and I fell asleep, my dad bought me a juice I drank and I woke up, we went to my grandmother's house and went back to sleep on the couch, coming home I was not hungry and only ate a jelly, that night I felt very bad, I woke up because my stomach hurt and part of the lungs, I could not breathe, my dad prepared me a papaya juice, but after I threw up and I always try to hold on, but I could not at that time, my parents took me to the doctor who had sent me to do X-rays of my lungs, when we were in the x-ray, my mom had to help me because I was fading away, could not stand up, my mom seeing this told my dad that they had to take me to a hospital to not waste any more time and so they did took me to a private hospital.

Upon arrival, they upgraded me to the emergency room, do not remember much but my mom tells me that the doctor made me a blood test, and this was because the doctor wanted to rule out the idea that I had an overdose (I was 11 and I I was too mature to walk in those things) obviously my mom knows me perfectly knew that was not true, that I had something else, and when they saw the blood results confirm that it was not overdose and realized that my sugar levels were at 520 too high, and I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, was upgraded to a room where I spent the night very restless, I moved much, I got them to take an orange juice (other juice), and that was when I had a diabetic coma and my feet were turning purple.

I was transferred to intensive care and there was a few days, controlling my sugar with insulin, one day I managed to wake up completely and all because I was hungry after several days without eating anything, that I do have it very present, I was dreaming of a cheeseburger (was very hungry), I still did not know what had happened to me, my family visited me, of course not all at the same time because it is not allowed.
  
I was in intensive care until Christmas, there I received my gifts, then they upgraded me to a room, I had to start walking slowly accompanied by my mom and serum, I was very weak and my legs were shaking, one day my parents were talk to the doctor and I was alone in the room (accompanied by my good friend the serum), came to my room a nurse, checked the serum, and with a not very nice way she told me that I had type 1 diabetes, (we agree that she was not the person who had to tell me), I began to cry, I not understand anything, I did not know what diabetes was, I was confused and scared with everything, when my parents arrived I asked them if it was true and they confirmed it and they explained what it was and how diabetes is controlled. 

I did not understand, did not know what had happened to me, I was a time of mixed feelings, of fear of injections, but of course with the help of doctors and support of my family gradually I managed to accept and adapt my new life.

I left the hospital on December 30 and celebrated New Year with my family in my house. My parents were grocery shopping, turkey ham, bread, milk light, and more things to start my balanced diet, remember I had to do exercises to strengthen my lungs after I spent several days with oxygen.

I was going with a doctor, but my parents were not convinced with her, one of my uncles, he talked to them about a very good endocrinologist who was attending to his boss, this doctor is in high demand but they did their best to get an appointment with him, they were first to talk with the doctor and then was me, and from that moment everything in my life improved, it is a very good doctor, as he has been able to control my blood sugar very well.

My mother at first was she who injected insulin to me, and then I removed my fear of injections and started to inject myself. Then later the doctor had to make changes in the units of insulin, because my crazy female hormones, in fact there was a time I was a bit uncontrolled in sugar levels, but it was controlled. It is not for nothing but the doctor tells me he's proud of my progress and how I moved forward with my diabetes, as well he treats many people with diabetes and not all do.  

Currently I have 15 years with type 1 diabetes (in December 2015 I celebrated) and I'm still here and I will not never give up, I love you so much my life that I do everything that is in my hands and more to be well controlled, I have a very healthy life, 2 years ago, I go with a nutritionist, who is also a diabetes educator with whom I managed to keep my weight and follow a diet (eating balanced, that's all), and well, today there are many products suitable for diabetics, so I do not miss at all eat sugar (in fact there was a girl who eat too much candy), I work out 6 times a week, I know that maybe you think it's too much, but it really helps to control blood glucose and stay healthy.

"Everything in this life can be if you put your mind, no surrender is paramount."
Cynthia Carina Ortiz Chávez 

As you could notice, I was not overweight, I did not eat excessively candies, to this day we do not know the reason of my diabetes, in the next post I will talk about the different types of diabetes. 

Comentarios

Recetas saludables.

Entradas populares de este blog

Chocolate-english.

Benefits of chocolate. On this occasion I will talk about the benefits of the final product that is obtained from cocoa, that is, chocolate, this food is very popular around the world, but the tree is originally from what was Mesoamerica, mainly taken as a drink by the Olmecs as a drink of the gods) and even cocoa was used as a currency exchange for the Mayans, time after the conquest in America, arrives in Europe and mixed with sugar and cinnamon giving rise to the sweet taste of chocolate that is known today. Chocolate with moderate consumption and preferably chocolate that has more cocoa has many benefits among which are: Reduces cholesterol: Because cocoa has oleic acid, an element that is known for helping lower cholesterol. Relieves stress: This is because it acts against the hormone cortisol and increases the production of endorphins that are the hormones of pleasure. Provides fiber: Cocoa contains soluble fiber which helps keep cholesterol c

Earthquakes-Mexico

Earthquakes in Mexico.   In Mexico along with other countries, earthquakes are very common and this is because it is part of the Belt or Ring of Fire, located on the coasts of the Pacific Ocean and is characterized by concentrating some of the most important subduction zones of the world, which causes an intense seismic and volcanic activity in the areas covered.   The National Seismological Service in Mexico recorded only 16 thousand 540 earthquakes in the last 12 years, which means that there are almost 4 earthquakes per day in the country. Throughout the history of Mexico there have been dev astating earthquakes of great magnitude: One of the largest earthquakes in Mexico was March 28, 1787, on the coast of Oaxaca, with a magnitude of 8.6. It is also known as "The Great Mexican Tsunami," and caused one of the greatest damages in the history of Oaxaca, flooding everything in its path up to six kilometers inland, near what is now Puerto Angel and

Mujeres-cambios de humor

Hormonas femeninas. Este tema decidí escribirlo porque al ver unos comentarios de hombres en los que les dicen a las mujeres locas, que no nos entienden, que somos unas histéricas, etc. Bueno en primer lugar no crean que para nosotras es algo sencillo vivir con estos cambios hormonales. Y bueno no es para que nos tengan lástima al conocer lo siguiente, sino que comprendan que es todo un remolino al interior de nosotras.   Primeramente, conozcamos las hormonas principales en la mujer: Las hormonas femeninas determinan las características propias del organismo de la mujer. Hay dos clases de hormonas femeninas (estrógenos y progesterona) y, a partir de ahí, diferentes tipos. Estrógenos: Regulan la actividad del aparato genital, favorecen la flexibilidad de los capilares, la resistencia de los huesos y previenen determinados problemas respiratorios. Cuando bajan hay nerviosismo, ansiedad, dolores musculares, sofocos y molestias premenstruales. Pr